Even the most secure and maintained home is subject to effects of adverse weather, which can be a great equalizer when it comes to home design. One of the easiest ways to blend style with function for Colorado homes is by investing into storm doors. Storm doors offer superior weather protection over normal doors for homes in extreme climates, adding high-performance security and insulation and extra energy-efficiency for your home.
At Bordner, we’re proud to be one of the area’s top remodeling companies, dedicated to serving our customers with exceptional service, high-quality products, and beautiful installations on doors, windows, and more. We’re experts in storm door installation and have seen firsthand how these durable additions can improve the quality, comfort, and efficiency of home construction.
In this article, we’re going over everything you need to know about storm doors. If you’ve been considering adding one of these installations to your home, take a look at some of the reasons why storm doors can be one of the best investments you can make to improve the quality and value of your home—just in time for the arrival of the winter season this year.
The Need for a Storm Door
Even if you have storm doors already installed, knowing how they work to protect your home is important. Here are some of the most valuable benefits that storm doors can add to your home, and how you can take advantage of them throughout the year.
- Tough Weather Shields: The number one reason for getting a storm door is to protect your home against the elements. Storm doors are insulated like double pane windows to block cold weather and keep rain, snow, and ice from building up in the doorway. In addition, they also work well in the summertime, to protect against heat by keeping the door from fading or warping.
- Improved Energy-Efficiency: Storm doors come with added insulation and a weather tight pocket that can boost the energy efficiency of your home.
- Safety and Security: Weather is not the only thing a storm door can protect against. Between the heavy glass, multipoint locking systems, and protective grilles you can choose from, intruders will have a hard time breaching your entryway.
- Increased Airflow: Most storm doors have built-in or retractable screens. This allows you to open your door to let in maximum airflow without letting in insects or compromising your security.
- Stylish Beauty: Just because it’s functional, doesn’t mean it has to be ugly. Storm doors are both strong and beautiful and come in a wide variety of designs and styles making it easy to find the perfect one to match your home décor.
Do I Need to Replace Mine?
If your storm door is showing signs of deterioration, you may need a replacement. The purpose of a storm door is to provide heavy, high-performance insulation and weather protection, and to enhance your home’s energy efficiency. If you’re noticing more cold air or hot air around the threshold of your entry area, or if your energy bill has been higher than usual, then it may be time to replace your storm door.
Another consideration is the quality and appearance of the door itself. Storm doors are designed to last a long time, but not forever. If you’re seeing wear and tear on your door, or even if the style is outdated, then replacing your storm door is your best move.
Quality Doors and Windows From Bordner Home Improvement
When it comes to home improvement investments, our team at Bordner Home Improvement knows that superior quality is everything in a new installation—whether you’re renovating your bathroom, or installing new windows, doors, or storm doors. That’s why we use only the top products from industry-leading manufacturers and expert installation methods to ensure that your window, door, or storm door installation is reliable, durable, and beautiful.
Since our beginnings in Kansas City in 1987, we have grown to serve Colorado and surrounding areas with superior home remodeling services. We’re proud to have served over 60,000 satisfied customers without ever receiving a complaint with the BBB, and have earned an Angie’s List “Super Service Award” four times.
If you’d like to discuss installing storm doors for your home, or any other remodeling project, don’t hesitate to contact our team today. Give us a call to speak with one of our agents about our professional storm door installations or fill out our online form to schedule your free, in-home quote.