If you’re considering a window installation in your Denver or Colorado Springs home, you probably have a lot of questions. Here at Bordner, we’ve been installing high-quality home replacement windows for more than 30 years now—so you can rest assured that we’ve heard every question in the book!
For many of our 60,000+ past customers, the most common window installation question has been this: “When is the best time of year to replace my windows?”
Although there is no “best” or one-size-fits-all time to replace your windows, there are certainly pros and cons to each season. Check out some advantages and disadvantages below!
When to Schedule Installation for Your New Windows in Denver
If you’re wondering, “Should I replace my windows?” we’ve gathered a few tips to keep in mind as you prepare for a window installation in any season.
Spring and SummerWindow Installation
When it comes to replacement windows, Denver homeowners tend to prefer spring and summer for installation. It’s no surprise why, either:
- Spring and summer weather tends to be more favorable, allowing window caulking and other components to seal properly without splitting or cracking.
- Beyond the more straightforward window installation process, replacing your windows in the warmer seasons prevents freezing drafts from entering your property while the glass panes are being removed and reinstalled.
- At the same time, that comfort is enhanced, you’ll also reduce the strain on your HVAC system and save money on energy bills by replacing your windows in the warmer months.
Fall and Winter Window Installation
Installing new windows in Denver in the fall or winter can definitely be a challenge, but it’s not impossible. Here are a few reasons you might actually prefer a fall or winter window installation:
- Winter is the “off-season” for many remodeling companies, so it’s the perfect time to save some cash and get a relatively cheap home window replacement.
- You’ll also have more flexibility in terms of installation date and time, as your window company is less likely to have a full schedule.
- If your features are particularly damaged or out-of-date, it may be preferable to replace them with properly fitted windows as soon as possible—even if that means a winter window installation.
Contact Bordner Today to Choose the Right Season for Your Denver or Colorado Springs Window Installation!
Ultimately, there’s no correct answer to the question, “When should I replace my windows?” Except in extreme cases, the best time for home replacement windows will depend on your family’s unique circumstances. There is, however, a correct answer to another common question: “How can I find the best home replacement windows near me?” The answer is simply to contact Bordner today!
Whether you know exactly which season you’d prefer for your window installation or would still like some objective guidance on the best time of year and most suitable product design, we’d be happy to assist you through a free, no-pressure consultation. Just give us a call or fill out our quick online form to get started now.